Monday, May 12, 2014

Teenage Years 3

We are slowly coming to a conclusion of my day. The last song on my musical journey is cuing up. My eyes slowly open wide. My nostrils flare as I take a long deep breath. I focus on the future while staring out my bedroom window. The rays of the setting sun are dancing across the sky. As the curtain falls on today, I know it will rise for a new day. My future! It does not matter what the future holds for me because I'm the captain of my life. There will be people leaving my life as I adventure into the future. I will cherish the memories of my friends and the people I meet. I will revisit them as I return to these songs. There will be troubled waters and I will return to these songs for inspiration. The one thing that has not changed is the illusion that we are alone and everyone is better than ourselves. Yes, there are times that I'm alone on my boat. But, it is meant for me to be alone for the moment. There is a message for me in silence of the still waters. There is a message for me in the raging waters. I have to listen for the whisper. So, my friend if you are tired of feeling alone and need a ride. Hop aboard and join the journey. I cannot tell you the future. I cannot tell you were the pot of gold is. All I can tell you is that you are the captain of your future. Tomorrow will get better. When will the better tomorrow be? My friend, I do not know. Rest assured my friend. You are not alone. We are all in the same boat. We just don't see each other for the fog of our troubles. Thank you my friend for the darkness is lifting and I see sunlight of the future shining my way.

see ya

dog gone

Dogman707

                          Come Sail Away - Styx




No comments:

Post a Comment