Sunday, August 11, 2013

Introduction

Hello World,
Welcome to Dogman707's doghouse. I started this blog cause my neighbors complained about my barking. Well, I found a place that I can bark and not worry about a shoe being thrown at me. I found this nice little section of the Internet. I walked around and counted my paces.Once my little section was measured. I did what any dog worth his bark does. I marked off my little area as all dog's do and claim this little section of the Internet. Feel free to come in and browse. No Shoes Allow. I promise I will not leave any presents for you to step in. (Eyes dart to the left and right. A sly little grin comes on my face.) Well maybe. Hey I'm a dog,that is what we do. One purpose of this blog is to share my thoughts or ideas  that run through my head.. If anyone is interested. Finally, there are some young pups out there that need motivation. They are an artistic bunch. Nothing gets young pups going more than an old dog that makes it look it easy or just showing them that an old fart can do it. Or just plain doing something a young one should be doing better.Now, for a little information about me.

Where/how did the name Dogman707 come about? It is name I have used in my early gaming days. You know around the time of windows 3.1. Hey! That is not that long ago. It was just yesterday. OK, I'll give you that. It was a few years ago. What! You want me to say the day of the Dinosaurs! Alright, they are a day older than me. Enough about age. It is from the movie "The Last of Dogmen". They were Cheyenne warriors that traveled with wild dogs behind the tribe. They were the protectors. The watchmen for the tribe to be sure no one is following. The 707 comes from a Steve Miller song "Jetliner". The line "As I get on the 707". The movie is about staying with the tribe and the song is about leaving chasing your dreams. Its play on words/decisions. Things that we  as people must decide which road to take. The comforts of home and then fear of the unknown. Some of my old gaming buddies believe that there is another meaning. I'm not quite sure exactly what they thought. Since, I faded away from the gaming world. I miss their forums where we could just shoot the breeze about different subjects. Subjects such as music, life, religion,sports, movies,books, and game stuff.

I will use songs, stories, pictures, or comments that I hear as a basis for my blog. You can feel free to leave comments or thoughts. Who knows maybe I can use it for inspiration. I'm just free styling. Most likely, I will not stay on one subject. I just want a place people can come for visit. So, feel free to roam around, sit a spell, and leave a comment.

Hold on young pups! Don't you leave yet. The steps are creaking and popping as I shuffle down to the basement. You hear a bunch of locks unlocking. The door creeps opening with a slight moan. I get a big smile on my face. The Vault is open. Now, the sweet stuff before the blog begins. After I flipped the switch, lights are humming and begin glowing to life. Cough! Cough! Whew the dust is stirred up. The room has not been opened in years. The war room. Yoo! Hoo! Oh man! Sweet the boxes filled with vinyl and 8 track tapes. Yes! "Here she is the beast". The Kenwood stereo with turntable and 8 track tape player. Who needs Dolby 7.1 when you have quadraphonic sound coming from (4) 52" tall speaker boxes filled with (3) 15" speakers. The tweeters and bass are strategically placed in the room. The strobe lights and black lights are working. The posters are hanging on the walls. Low an behold the survival guide of every American boy during my teenage years. Mad magazines and Mad paper back books. I place an 8 track tape of Edgar Winter's with "Frankenstein" cued up. I fall back in the recliner and raise the volume.  I lean back, place my hands behind my head and smile ever so gently. The music fills the room. My body and spirit are lifted with the sweet sound of music. How sweet it is! Let the games begin!


Dogman707









No comments:

Post a Comment