Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Day of Giving Thanks

    Well, today is the day that we as Americans set aside for a day of thanksgiving. We turn and look at the days of this year's past. We reflect on events and things we are thankful for. For some of us, it may appear that there is nothing to be thankful for. But, there is always something to be thankful for. We just may have to dig deep and dust it off to find it. We are each individuals with our own things to be thankful for. You maybe miles from family and cannot make it home, but you can be thankful that you have family. You maybe thankful that you do not have a family. You still think that you have nothing to be thankful for. You just need to look.
     As a child I remember that I was thankful that I did not have to go to the hospital because I swallowed a penny. I had swallowed a penny one year and had to crap in a coffee can for a week to find it. I had to do this daily until the penny came out or it was time for the doctor to remove it. Also, I was thankful that since my older sister had a hand in me swallowing the penny. She was the one designated to check my turds for the penny. OK, I put the penny in my mouth on my own and I was only 5 years old. But, she gave me a big pat on the back causing me to swallow it. If my parents couldn't trust me to put the penny in my pocket and not my mouth. What made them think I could find the penny in a turd. Well that day came and I heard the clink in the can. Hooray! I passed it. Now, its big sis's turn to find it.  What a day! No doctor and big sis making an awful face and fussing at me for having to search for the penny.
        I now have something to be thankful for this year. My family has now read this and said, "Only you would or could put something about a turd into something about being thankful." They are all shaking their heads and rolling their eyes. They groan. "Only you dog." Hey, I'm dog. What can I say. I'm special.
    The point I'm trying to make is this. If someone can be thankful about finding a penny in a turd. Surely, there is something that you can be thankful for. No matter how small, you can be thankful for that one thing. I just ask you to look for it. You could be thankful that it takes more than a penny in a turd to make you thankful. Or, thankful for not being related to me. Like my family wishes about now. They are stuck with me.
   Finally, I'm thankful for my family, friends, and health. The people whose paths I have crossed this year. The time you have spent reading by blog and allowing a little bit of me enter your life for this small moment. For your views and thoughts left for me to view on your blogs. Thank you for letting me have a small glimpse of your life. It is always interesting to see other peoples view of the world.

see ya,

dog gone

Dogman707

No comments:

Post a Comment