Sunday, September 1, 2013

Life's a Stage

As I sit here on the patio with the Banana tree branches hanging over me, I'm facing toward the horizon of the rising sun. I face this direction to watch the sunrise as it turns the page to a new day. A new day for me to star in. The crickets are chirping their lullaby before they go to sleep for the day. An Orb Weaver spider is consuming her web as she takes it down for the day and heads to bed. The sun is slowly peeking above the homes and trees as she rises to bath me in her warmth. The smell of bacon being cooked by someone preparing for the day. The smell of the dryer sheets swaying in the morning breeze as someone starts the dryer for clean clothes to begin their performance. Someone once asked me, "Why do you like the early morning so much". I replied, " Its like starting with a  fresh new sheet of paper to write my story". Its starting over, correcting a mistake from the day before or moving ahead with your dreams. Its a new chance to start over again or redirect your life. I now hear the soft coo of the doves as the squirrels scurry along the fence and the branches of the trees above. A robin sings me a song welcoming the new day. The rumble of the traffic slowly picks up on the highway nearby. The sounds of the automobiles grows louder as the sun rises like it is the volume control for the day. I have reflected on the day before and now as the sun rises I ponder what is in store for me today. What will I write on this new page of my life? Who will I meet? Where will I go? You see my friend we are the stars. We are the performers and directors of our lives. Oh, my friend. People will try to direct us, but it is ultimately your choice. You get to select the supporting cast, location, and direction your story goes. Your story may take you to places were you are alone or feel like an outcast. This can add more depth or a new direction in the story as you study the situation. This is an opportunity to expand ones knowledge and understanding. This could be the spices to the banquet of life. Oh, my friend there could be those moment of loneliness. I will tell you now. Me and loneliness have an understanding. He can come and visit me, but he cannot stay permanently. He will have to find his own place to stay. You see loneliness can be a time to reflect and listen for the whisper. My friend no matter where we go, who we meet,or what we do in life. You are the star on the stage. The sun is shining on you. We only play parts in this story of yours. You decide the direction of the story. You have a new page unfolding before you to write on. Well, my friend the sun is getting higher in the sky, The darkness is fading like a curtain rising before a play. The sun is growing brighter like a stage light. The traffic noise, the children's laughter, the bird's chirping are increasing like an audience cheering that the show is about to begin. As I look in my glass swirling the last of my morning drink, I stop and raise my glass to you. "Cheers my friend here is to Love and Hope. Lets' change a Life" It is now "Showtime".

See ya,

Dog gone

Dogman707


No comments:

Post a Comment