Friday, April 18, 2014

Shake it Baby


 One company that I worked for was going through an austerity program. A fancy word for pinching pennies. They were trying to reduce cost any and every way possible. One way was to reduce the copies that were created on the copiers. Since, the copiers were leased and they were charged per click. The number of sheets printed. Well, the ladies like to make copies of recipes and share them with each other. On a Wednesday morning, one of the ladies in my department made about 15 copies of a holiday desert to share with the others. "Ohhhhh, you are not to use the copier unless its for work", I said. She replied, " Quit being an old fart. They won't know." I said, " They will find out. For each and every copy made on the machine. Its image will stay on there and they check it every day to be sure its only company business. Its like a giant Etch-a-Sketch. You have to shake to remove the image." Our supervisor had walked up during the middle of the conversation.. Her eyes got real big and replied, "Oh my goodness. Will you go shake it for me?" Our supervisor had just took a big drink of his water. And when she said that, he could not contain himself. He start laughing and could not hold the water. Like Old Faithful, he sprayed her with water. I was laughing so hard I about wet my pants. He sprayed her with water, but she was hitting me with a yardstick. I had a few welts, but damn I had a good laugh. So, every time that she would make copies of recipes. I would tell her to "shake it baby, shake it." She would give me the laser eye and then a little chuckle.

see ya

dog gone

Dogman707

No comments:

Post a Comment